Food is great, although quite often being hungry isn’t. Here are 7 ways to let people know you are hungry in English.
- I’m famished – this means you are very very hungry.
- I’m feeling peckish – you are only a little bit hungry.
- I’m all rumbly in my tumbly – this is a reference from the childrens book Winnie the Pooh, meaning you are hungry.
- I could eat a horse – you are really hungry, and need a big meal.
- Ravenous – this is a very nice word meaning that you are very hungry.
- I’m starving – this is often just a light hearted way to show that you are very hungry.
- I’m Hank Marvin – this is a rhyming slang way of saying you are starving.